GrabFood has enjoyed a meteoric rise in popularity in Singapore as people’s eating habits have changed significantly since the onset of the global pandemic. People in Singapore have become increasingly comfortable with placing orders online and ordering food to their offices and homes. This has cultivated the growth of numerous food delivery companies as demand has been skyrocketing over the past few years. To put this into perspective, there were 2.8 million online food delivery users in 2022. This number will grow substantially over the next few years as it is forecast to reach 3.6 million in 2025.
Any restaurateur in Singapore can see huge paydays coming their way if they play their cards right. One of the best ways to reach the success is to have your restaurant featured on food delivery apps. If you are new to the industry, you may be wondering how to do this effectively. Well, don’t fret because we at Smart City Kitchens are here to give you an all-you-need-to-know guide for getting started with GrabFood.
How do I get started?
Getting set up on GrabFood is incredibly easy and can be summarised in three simple steps:
- Provide the required information – From business documents to your menu and logo, you need to submit all the relevant details to GrabFood before getting accepted on their high-traffic app. Once you do this, a representative from the company will contact you within a week.
- Submit your menu – You need to make sure your menu is appetising so that it attracts the attention of people scrolling through the GrabFood app. It is also vital to ensure that users can immediately discern what type of cuisine you specialise in. Furthermore, the prices have to reflect that of your normal menu, meaning you can’t inflate how much you charge in order to make more money, as this is considered to be an unethical business practice. Finally, if you offer combos or set meals, you can place them on your GrabFood menu, but they also have to be on your restaurant’s à la carte menu and priced accordingly.
- Start serving customers – Once all the above has been done and approved, you can start preparing top-notch food for the millions of customers that use GrabFood.
Why should I use GrabFood?
GrabFood is one of the most popular and trusted platforms when it comes to ordering food online. With millions of users, GrabFood serves as the perfect launching pad for F&B businesses to make a name for themselves.
GrabFood provides businesses with a plethora of major advantages, including:
- Reduced overhead costs – Instead of hiring delivery drivers, you can cut that cost and let GrabFood’s trusted team take care of that aspect.
- Great exposure – With a growing user base, your restaurant can become a major hit and receive a wave of orders from people who want to try what you’re serving up. One of the best ways to gain attention is to offer unique dishes that are sure to leave customers’ stomachs growling and mouths watering.
- Reliability – Many F&B businesses will no doubt be worried about the time it takes for customers to receive the food they have ordered. Many people don’t want to wait for lengthy periods of time, but GrabFood ensures this doesn’t happen as it has a huge delivery fleet.
- Get more sales – By creating a strong online presence and getting people to make your eatery the talk of the town, there is no doubt that an increasing number of customers will flock to food delivery apps like GrabFood to place orders, which will boost your sales and profits.
- Superior payment terms – GrabFood offers Daily Cashout, meaning you can streamline your cash flow and ensure your business runs smoothly.
- See what the competition is doing – If you want to get an understanding of why your competitors are doing so well, you can see what items they have on their menu, and the reviews customers are leaving. Through this, you can implement certain strategies to improve your own dishes so that they become more appealing to your target audience.
How do I promote my restaurant on GrabFood?
In order to stand out from the crowd, there are a few key things you need to do to:
- Having the right menu – If your menu doesn’t sound or look appetising, you have lost the battle before it has even started. With so much competition, you can’t afford to have a menu that’s nothing less than perfect. One piece of advice is to have a variety of options that cater to people with different dietary requirements so that you can target a larger customer base.
- Mouth-watering photos – It is essential to have photos that grab people’s attention and entice them to order from your eatery. Food photography is an art you need to master as there are many tips and tricks you can utilise to make sure your dishes look outstanding.
- Proper packaging – When delivering food to your customers, you need to ensure it is packaged properly so that it doesn’t leak when being delivered. Be sure to add your company’s logo to all your packaging, as it is a great way to promote your eatery, especially if customers take to social media to show off what they are eating and where they have ordered it from.
- Encourage feedback – When customers place orders for your food, request them to leave a review so that other people who are interested in your dishes can see what the word on the street is. One useful tip for any F&B business is to respond to all feedback left, regardless of whether it is positive or negative. This shows you care about your customers and are willing to implement changes if they had a disappointing dining experience. At the end of the day, the more positive reviews you have, the more people are going to trust your restaurant and order from it.
An opportunity waiting to be grabbed
Now that you have a 101 guide to stamping your restaurant’s authority on GrabFood, it’s time to take the necessary steps to ensure your restaurant is a hit on one of Singapore’s most used food delivery platforms.
Interested in opening your own CloudKitchen® delivery kitchen in Singapore? Fill in the form below or contact us today.